First parkruns of year launch in Ipswich, Kesgrave, Clacton and Colchester
The first parkruns of the year are due to kick off across Suffolk and north Essex this morning.
Hundreds of people are booked in to attend events in Ipswich’s Christchurch Park, Kesgrave’s Millenium Field, Colchester’s Castle Park and Clacton seafront.
Other courses include Mersea Island, Great Cornard, Harwich and Sudbury.
Some parkrun organisers across Suffolk held events earlier in the week as runners kickstarted a healthier January.
Each run begins at 9am – the weekly timed courses give participants scenic tours of their communities while helping them to keep fit and improve their run times.
Organisers say parkruns are free to join and everyone is welcome.
Ipswich race director Graham Rodgers said: “parkruns are free, weekly timed 5k community running events, on a Saturday morning. parkrun events are open and inclusive to all.
- 1 Village hall treasurer jailed after stealing cash to help his business
- 2 First look inside Ipswich's new Tim Hortons ahead of opening
- 3 Push for 4 day work week in Suffolk after company's profits soar 200%
- 4 When loans go permanent: Town's hits and misses when keeping hired hands full-time
- 5 'Incredible' Downes tipped 'to play at the very top'
- 6 Road near A14 closed after 'serious' two-vehicle crash
- 7 Two Suffolk beaches named among best in Britain for a winter walk
- 8 'We thought he could be someone special' - Comolli on McKenna's start in coaching
- 9 Meet the man who has documented the entire history of a Suffolk village
- 10 Man dies following single vehicle crash near Ipswich
“Would you like to get more active, improve your health and happiness, to walk, jog and run and volunteer? Then come along to a parkrun.”