First parkruns of year launch in Ipswich, Kesgrave, Clacton and Colchester
The first parkruns of the year are due to kick off across Suffolk and north Essex this morning.
Hundreds of people are booked in to attend events in Ipswich’s Christchurch Park, Kesgrave’s Millenium Field, Colchester’s Castle Park and Clacton seafront.
Other courses include Mersea Island, Great Cornard, Harwich and Sudbury.
Some parkrun organisers across Suffolk held events earlier in the week as runners kickstarted a healthier January.
Each run begins at 9am – the weekly timed courses give participants scenic tours of their communities while helping them to keep fit and improve their run times.
You may also want to watch:
Organisers say parkruns are free to join and everyone is welcome.
Ipswich race director Graham Rodgers said: “parkruns are free, weekly timed 5k community running events, on a Saturday morning. parkrun events are open and inclusive to all.
- 1 Caravans pitched at Portman Road car park
- 2 Former Town star Clapham gets head coaching role
- 3 Tributes to 'loyal, caring' man, 28, who died after A14 crash
- 4 Passenger falls off motorbike on A134
- 5 Ipswich Town lead the chase to sign Luton skipper Sonny Bradley
- 6 'Mass of smoke' billows from roof in house fire
- 7 ‘Unique’ farm in coveted river setting hits market for first time in 60 years
- 8 First look at golf club's multi-million pound coastal homes development
- 9 Reduce your dementia risk with 7 lifestyle changes
- 10 Woman who posed as food bank staff steals Easter eggs from Morrisons
“Would you like to get more active, improve your health and happiness, to walk, jog and run and volunteer? Then come along to a parkrun.”