Five arrested in connection to burglaries in Essex
- Credit: Archant
Five people have been arrested in connection to a number of burglaries as part of a special police operation in Essex.
Officer’s from Essex Police’s Operational Support Group worked alongside its Local Policing Teams and Dog Section to arrest five people linked to burglaries in Wickham St Paul, Witham, Colchester and Rochford.
A 26-year-old man, of no fixed abode, was arrested in connection to a burglary in Wickham St Paul on Wednesday, September 27.
A 51-year-old woman and a 61-year-old man, both from Hatfield Peverel, were arrested in Witham on suspicion of a burglary in Humber Road, Witham, on Friday, September 29.
A 41-year-old man from Harwich was arrested on suspicion of a burglary in Kings Meadow Road, Colchester, in May and a 14-year-old boy from Rochford was arrested on suspicion of two burglaries in Weir Pond Road and East Street, Rochford, on Wednesday, September 27, and Thursday, October 19.
You may also want to watch:
All five are currently in custody for questioning.
Superintendent Andy Mariner, said: “These arrests are just a small example of the ongoing work by Essex Police to tackle burglary and bring offenders to justice.”
- 1 Emotional moment as family decides to cease farming in-hand
- 2 Man arrested after car crashes into supermarket sign
- 3 New online booking system for Suffolk recycling centres
- 4 'We'll see how we go' - QPR boss Warburton on Bonne recall option
- 5 'We are sorry' - Council apologises for letting SEND children in Suffolk down
- 6 Fuller Flavour: Can we sign Bonne permanently, please?
- 7 Suspected drink driver flees scene after car destroyed in crash
- 8 Ndaba on Salford, Neville's advice, his brush with Ronaldo-mania and his goal of reaching the Ipswich Town first-team
- 9 Flooding leaves main route through town 'impassable'
- 10 Five fire engines called to red deer trapped in tree
Essex Police have issued advice for how to secure your home this winter.