Five-time Triple Jump Champion Laura Samuel inspires pupils at Stowmarket school to raise £500 for Sports 4 Champions initiative
- Credit: Archant
The highly successful athlete Laura Samuel ran a fitness circuit alongside pupils as part of an initiative to inspire future athletes.
Five-time Triple Jump Champion Laura Samuel inspired pupils at Crawford’s Primary School in Stowmarket with a very special visit on Friday.
The decorated athlete ran a fitness circuit alongside the pupils as part of the Sports 4 Champions initiative, which serves to inspire the future generation of potential athletes.
Pupils raised almost £500 in sponsorship for the circuit and in doing so contributed to the programme, which supports up-and-coming athletes. As part of this sponsorship, the school also benefited from some of the proceeds.
Rob Francksen, headteacher at Crawford’s Primary, said: “A target of £200 was set for the school, however, the total raised sponsorship equalled £484. WOW! What an effort!
You may also want to watch:
“I’d like to say well done to all the children, parents/carers and staff for getting behind this important initiative; in doing so we have most definitely become inspired!”
- 1 Serious crash closes road in Bury St Edmunds near A14
- 2 Woman arrested on suspicion of drink-driving following A14 crash
- 3 'Our fund is $13 billion and we’re holding $700m in cash' - The money behind Ipswich Town's new owners
- 4 Matchday Live: Town beaten 3-0 after Harrop's red card
- 5 Ipswich Town closing in on appointment of new chief executive
- 6 'Buzz' about town as pub prepares to reopen under new family management
- 7 Cafe owner 'very emotional' after mystery customer leaves £500 for staff
- 8 Cyclist dies after collision with car in Bury St Edmunds
- 9 Disused village Post Office reopening as deli and coffee house
- 10 'It's time to embrace a new challenge' - New Ipswich chief announces Bristol City exit