Flashback: Memories of “Its a Knockout” and railway exhibitions
More events featured in photographs have been remembered by our readers
Re: Bury railway exhibition 1981
The picture on page 31 (EADT, October 30) shows my two sons Gavin and Jason on the left next to their friend Tim.
They were very interested in model railway exhibitions and train spotting, with Tim working for British Rail.
Gavin was born on the day England won the World Cup in 1966 and still runs his model railway at his home today.
- 1 The most beautiful places to live in Suffolk - according to estate agents
- 2 Norwood set to stay... despite seven clubs showing interest
- 3 Cash machines stolen in ram raid at Tesco in Brandon
- 4 Serious fire breaks out at home in Woodbridge
- 5 The Secrets of Dunwich: East Anglia's lost capital
- 6 5 places to spot celebrities in Suffolk
- 7 6 roadworks to avoid in Suffolk this week
- 8 'He's made massive strides here' - Town recall striker Simpson from Swindon
- 9 Weather warning in place for Suffolk as temperatures plunge below freezing
- 10 Villages shock as seven Suffolk postboxes stolen in 10 days
Re: It’s A Knockout Competition at Eye, September 1986
I believe this event was represented by teams from local hospitals in the area, and the photograph shows myself getting out of a cardboard box with “bun” still intact.
This photograph also links up with a Flashback photograph taken at the same event (EADT, September 29, 2012) with our team from Felixstowe General Hospital and comprised of staff, cooks and porters. We called ourselves the OPIUMS hence the poppy t-shirts.
Trimley St Martin.