Flashback: The early days of computers and breakfast themed fancy dress. Were you in the picture?
Were you at any of the events or do you recognise any of the people in this week’s archive pictures?
People dressed as Weetabix for the fancy dress at the Stowmarket Carnival in July 1983, do you remember seeing them?
There was a computer demonstration for children at Essex University. Do you remember this exciting technology of yesteryear? Bruisyard Winery launched their 1982 vintage in July of that year. Did you enjoy a bottle of it, or help to produce it?
Pirates went to sea at the Coggeshall Carnival, July 1979.
A petanque world record was attempted at Rayne in June 1975. How did they do? Were you part of the attempt?
You may also want to watch:
There was a pillow fight at Beyton fete in July 1981. Did you take part?
Children jumped for joy at the East Combs holiday playscheme during the summer break from school in July 1986. Were you there?
- 1 Ipswich Town reveal full retained list as six first-teamers get extended stays and eight depart
- 2 Town take up contract options on duo with plenty of departures still expected
- 3 Chambers and Skuse set to be headline exits on day of departures at Ipswich Town
- 4 Mark Heath: The Town players Cook should keep and release today
- 5 Suffolk estate which featured on TV show on the market for £1.25m
- 6 Town confirm four more exits at end of season
- 7 Chambers and Skuse to leave Ipswich Town
- 8 Man in 20s dies in collision between lorry and pedestrian on A14
- 9 New cocktail bar and tapas restaurant to open in Ipswich
- 10 Search for man after girl, 10, accosted at B&M store in Stowmarket
People fished for prizes at the Kirton church fete, June 1980. Did you win?
Share your memories by emailing email@example.com