Woman rescued and neighbours evacuated due to fire at flats
- Credit: GOOGLE MAPS
A woman has been rescued from a flat fire in Tiptree, Essex, tonight.
Crews were called to a first-floor flat in Willow Walk just before 9.30pm after a resident reported that she was trapped in the property due to a fire outside the front door.
While she waited for firefighters to arrive a control operator stayed on the phone to help her stay calm and give her advice to keep her safe.
When crews arrived they used a ladder to rescue the woman through a bedroom window and then assisted in evacuating people from the other flat in the building via the stairs.
Firefighters then extinguished the fire, which started in a storage cupboard on the communal landing, by 10pm.
The woman was left in the care of the ambulance service.
Crews from Tiptree, Colchester and Coggeshall attended.
- 1 'I thought he was going to Ipswich' - rival boss reveals Blues interest in right-back
- 2 25-year-old left eating disorder clinic prior to death on A14
- 3 Will Suffolk have a white Christmas this year?
- 4 Case of new Omicron Covid variant identified in Norfolk
- 5 New Ed Sheeran Christmas song with Elton John out this week
- 6 'Quirky and memorable' name for new café and visitor centre revealed
- 7 The Ipswich Town players who could force their way into Cook's thinking during cup break
- 8 Norwood on target as Town Under 23's sting Hornets
- 10 Essex Sainsbury's car park cordoned off after police incident
Firefighters will carry out an investigation to find out the cause of the fire.