Woman rescued and neighbours evacuated due to fire at flats
- Credit: GOOGLE MAPS
A woman has been rescued from a flat fire in Tiptree, Essex, tonight.
Crews were called to a first-floor flat in Willow Walk just before 9.30pm after a resident reported that she was trapped in the property due to a fire outside the front door.
While she waited for firefighters to arrive a control operator stayed on the phone to help her stay calm and give her advice to keep her safe.
When crews arrived they used a ladder to rescue the woman through a bedroom window and then assisted in evacuating people from the other flat in the building via the stairs.
Firefighters then extinguished the fire, which started in a storage cupboard on the communal landing, by 10pm.
You may also want to watch:
The woman was left in the care of the ambulance service.
Crews from Tiptree, Colchester and Coggeshall attended.
- 1 Antiques Roadtrip star opens new Suffolk antiques shop
- 2 Cyclist dies after collision with car in Bury St Edmunds
- 3 Cafe owner 'very emotional' after mystery customer leaves £500 for staff
- 4 'Our supporters are tired and bored of us' - Cook on 3-0 loss at AFC Wimbledon
- 5 Matchday Live: Town beaten 3-0 after Harrop's red card
- 6 Ratings: How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 3-0 loss at AFC Wimbledon
- 7 Stu says: Five observations following Ipswich Town's 3-0 loss at AFC Wimbledon
- 8 'I am delighted to be joining. There is a lot of hard work that lies ahead' - Town's new CEO Ashton confirmed
- 9 Driver who killed 'dearly loved' man, 29, in crash is jailed
- 10 AFC Wimbledon 3-0 Ipswich Town: Woeful Blues well-beaten at Plough Lane in 'season-defining' game
Firefighters will carry out an investigation to find out the cause of the fire.