Floods reported as rain lashes region
REPORTS are coming in of extreme weather conditions in the region as rain batters Suffolk and Essex.
Torrential downpours have drenched Ipswich, causing flash-flooding in parts of the town, while flooding has also been reported near the Post Office in Framlingham.
Man-hole covers on Stoke Bridge in Ipswich have been lifting up as the volume of water forces them out of place.
One eye-witness said: “The water is so high the man-hole covers are just lifting up in the road.”
The rain, which comes after an extended period of hot and sunny weather, is expected to last all week.
You may also want to watch:
- Check this website for more.
- Send your pictures of the wet weather to email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 Postman who abandoned 'undriveable' van wins unfair dismissal claim
- 2 Caravans pitch up at Felixstowe park
- 3 Jack Whitehall praises award-winning Suffolk gastropub after visit
- 4 Former Ipswich Town boss Keane as you've never seen him before
- 5 A14 and A12 set for major upgrade work
- 6 Coronavirus 'growth rate' rises further in East Anglia
- 7 Busy high street taped off by police
- 8 Town face competition from Championship club for Rotherham midfielder Crooks
- 9 Glass found in popular paddling pool forcing it to close
- 10 'Too many men can cause a problem' - Ashton says quality, not quantity, is key in Town's squad rebuild