Yellow weather warning for fog covers parts of Suffolk
- Credit: Sarah Lucy Brown
A yellow weather warning for fog has been issued by the Met Office for this morning, creating difficult conditions for drivers.
The warning lasts from 3am to 10am today and covers Ipswich, up to Orford, down to Harwich and Colchester.
However, it misses the west and north of Suffolk in areas such as Haverhill, Bury and Newmarket.
When driving in fog it is advised to drive slowly with dipped headlights, as full beams reflect off the fog creating a white wall effect.
Fog lights should be turned on, but swiftly turned off once visibility improves.
Send us your pictures of the fog by emailing: firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 Uproar as plans put in to turn Suffolk pub into vets
- 2 New farm shop and cafe opens in Suffolk countryside
- 3 Burglar jailed for break-in at Stowmarket dental practice
- 4 Further case of Omicron Covid variant detected in East Anglia
- 5 Parish council concerned about plans for new A14 service station
- 6 Rail services affected after person hit by train
- 7 Former Town defender McGreal returns to club in coaching role
- 8 Friends speak of 'spiking' in market town and advise others: 'be careful'
- 9 Major west Suffolk road reopens after two vehicle crash
- 10 Soldiers tested in drugs probe at Suffolk airbase