Former Great Finborough pupil Max Savidge is flying high
- Credit: Archant
A former pupil at a Suffolk school with ambitions of becoming a commercial pilot is flying high after completing his first solo flight.
Max Savidge, a former pupil at Finborough School in Great Finborough, completed the solo glide the day before his 17th birthday.
He said: “The best part about completing my first solo was that I was able to pilot a glider before being able to drive a car on the road.”
Max, who joined Rattlesden Gliding Club when he was 13, did his first solo flight after 94 flights in Puchaz, K21 and K13 gliders.
His training will now continue, covering topics such as cross-country, competitions and aerobatics.
You may also want to watch:
Max added: “I am very grateful to the instructors and members at Rattlesden Gliding Club who have supported me in all my gliding endeavours since joining.”
Finborough School principal James Sinclair said: “We are really proud of Max – it’s always great to hear about past pupils’ high-flying achievements.”
- 1 Ipswich Town lead the chase to sign Luton skipper Sonny Bradley
- 2 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts
- 3 ‘Unique’ farm in coveted river setting hits market for first time in 60 years
- 4 Luke Chambers: 'To be brutally honest, I didn't think I would be leaving the club this summer'
- 5 New rickshaw taxi service starts in town
- 6 First look at golf club's multi-million pound coastal homes development
- 7 Passenger falls off motorbike on A134
- 8 Farm to use renovated rail carriages as holiday lets
- 9 'Mass of smoke' billows from roof in house fire
- 10 History of the Cook cull - a look back at his busy transfer windows with Chesterfield, Portsmouth and Wigan