Former Norwich City FC youth coach charged with indecently assaulting 11 children
- Credit: Archant
A former youth football coach who worked at Norwich City FC for ten years has been charged has been charged with indecently assaulting 11 children.
Michael “Kit” Carson, 74, of St Bartholomew’s Court, Riverside, Cambridge, was charged today after answering bail.
He has been charged with 11 counts of indecent assault and one of inciting a child to engage in sexual activity.
The offences are alleged to have happened between 1978 and 2009 and involve 11 victims, all boys under the age of 16.
Carson has had spells working at Peterborough United, Cambridge United and worked at Norwich City FC as youth coach from 1983 to 1993.
You may also want to watch:
He was released on conditional bail to attend Cambridge Magistrates’ Court on April 17.
- 1 'Our fund is $13 billion and we’re holding $700m in cash' - The money behind Ipswich Town's new owners
- 2 Murder-suicide probe after couple found dead in Woodbridge
- 3 Woman arrested on suspicion of drink-driving following A14 crash
- 4 'You either deliver or you leave' - Cook's message to Town players
- 5 Paul Cook speaks about Ipswich Town takeover for first time
- 6 Serious crash closes road in Bury St Edmunds near A14
- 7 Woodbridge community 'saddened' after couple found dead by police
- 8 National Trust 'deeply saddened' at death of volunteers in Woodbridge incident
- 9 Long queues at Primark from 7am in Ipswich as lockdown eases
- 10 How busy was Bury St Edmunds town centre as lockdown eased?