Former U's star arrested over 'assault'
FORMER Colchester Utd star Lomana Lualua was arrested yesterday on suspicion of causing actual bodily harm.The arrest of the 26-year-old striker, now with Premiership side Portsmouth, comes three months after he was detained following a domestic dispute with his partner.
FORMER Colchester Utd star Lomana Lualua was arrested yesterday on suspicion of causing actual bodily harm.
The arrest of the 26-year-old striker, now with Premiership side Portsmouth, comes three months after he was detained following a domestic dispute with his partner.
Police were called to an address at the luxury residential development Port Solent, Portsmouth, at 1.50am where Lualua was arrested.
Gary Double, spokesman for Portsmouth Football Club, said: “There won't be any statement on behalf of the club - we are still looking into this ourselves. He is not due to play this weekend because he is currently injured.”
You may also want to watch:
Lualua was spotted by former Us hero Micky Cook and signed for the club in 1998 before moving on to Newcastle Utd in 2000 for £2.25 million.
In a recent East Anglian Daily Times poll he was voted the second best Colchester United player of all time behind Mark Kinsella.
- 1 Murder-suicide probe after couple found dead in Woodbridge
- 2 'Our fund is $13 billion and we’re holding $700m in cash' - The money behind Ipswich Town's new owners
- 3 Woman arrested on suspicion of drink-driving following A14 crash
- 4 'You either deliver or you leave' - Cook's message to Town players
- 5 Paul Cook speaks about Ipswich Town takeover for first time
- 6 National Trust 'deeply saddened' at death of volunteers in Woodbridge incident
- 7 Woodbridge community 'saddened' after couple found dead by police
- 8 The first five jobs for Ipswich Town's new owners
- 9 Serious crash closes road in Bury St Edmunds near A14
- 10 Long queues at Primark from 7am in Ipswich as lockdown eases
The striker has not played for Portsmouth for six weeks because of a thigh injury but did appear at the club's training ground in Eastleigh this week.
A police spokeswoman said: “A 26-year-old man from Portsmouth has been arrested following an incident in the early hours of this morning.
“Police were called to an address in Port Solent at around 1.50am. A man was arrested on suspicion of causing actual bodily harm. He is currently helping police with their inquiries.'”
In the incident on October 5, Lualua was arrested in the early hours at his home.
The Democratic Republic of Congo international was detained for 17 hours while police found a translator for his partner, who speaks a dialect. He was released the same evening without charge.