Fornham St Martin: Classic and Sports Cars by the lake set to be bigger and better
AN array of eye-catching cars and motorcycles are set to help raise funds for St Nicholas Hospice Care next month.
Classic and Sports Cars by the Lake, at Hall Farm, Fornham St Martin, near Bury St Edmunds, is back for a third year on Sunday, September 9, and organisers claim this year’s line-up is “bigger and better than ever”.
More than 250 vehicles, ranging from pre-war classics to motorcycles and present day sports cars, will be on display.
In addition to the vehicles on show, visitors will be able to enjoy fly-fishing casting shows by the lake, a hot-air balloon display, food tent, craft stalls, a climbing wall, children’s fun area and more.
The event, which last year raised �18,774 for the hospice, is organised by Andrew and Gina Long, of Hall Farm, along with the hospice’s voluntary special events committee.
You may also want to watch:
Austin Cornish, chairman of the hospice special events committee, said: “The aim of this event is to provide a great, memorable fun family day out – raising awareness of the facilities the hospice provides and raising crucial funds.”
Mr Long added: “We encourage visitors to spend the day at Hall Farm, enjoy viewing the stunning vehicles on display, taking time in the marquees looking at the wonderful selection of stalls or visiting The Coffee House’s vintage caf�.
- 1 £1million beach village set for approval as part of resort regeneration
- 2 Affordable homes project proposed for east Suffolk village
- 3 Hospital visits to be suspended due to Covid infection rise
- 4 Pub changes 'offensive' Halloween display after social media criticism
- 5 'The culture is right' - Johnson leaves Town in good hands after whirlwind trip
- 6 Controversial north Essex village homes plan set for go-ahead
- 7 Emergency services conduct search and rescue mission off Harwich coast
- 8 Town keeper Holy set for emergency loan move
- 9 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 10 Why is this Suffolk address on Covid lateral flow test boxes?
“Visitors can bring their own picnics or sample the excellent on-site food by Suffolk Food Hall and drinks by Greene King.
“All of the funds raised go to our local hospice, which serves the community so well.”
Advance tickets are available from the Tourist Information Centre, on Angel Hill, Bury.
For more information, go to www.classicsportscarsbythelake.co.uk.
A few stalls in the marquees are still available. For more information, contact Barbara Long 07708 569654 or Jeanette Dennis on 07971 671193.