“The best man for the job,” Suffolk pre-hospital care charity BASICS announce new general manager
- Credit: Archant
The Uk’s leading pre-hospital care charity has announced a new general manager.
Gary Scott was appointed at the end of June to the British Association for Immediate Care (BASICS) which is based in Ipswich.
Mr Scott had a strong background in senior management positions within the NHS and in his new position will continue to drive BASICS forwards in its efforts to support the vital work of healthcare professionals nationwide, whilst refocusing the charity’s structure to enable continued growth and development.
He also hopes to ensure that BASICS is at the forefront of all pre-hospital care discussions.
Mr Scott confirmed: “I want to play my part in helping to grow and refocus the work of the Charity in what is a rapidly changing NHS landscape - and one that is very different from 40 years ago when BASICS was first established.”
You may also want to watch:
“In a climate of increasing demand on resource, it is important for all parts of the health and social care sector - statutory and voluntary - to find effective ways of working together so that we can collectively make the best use of everyone’s capacity, skills, knowledge and experience.”
“If more financial resources are going to be made available to the NHS over the next few years, as part of developing a new 10-year plan, then we need to work closely with our partners to make sure that the voice of BASICS is heard as part of this work.”
- 1 Victoria Hall murder: Suffolk strangler Steve Wright reportedly arrested
- 2 'It was as if Covid didn't exist' - Latitude-goers report positive tests
- 3 Town bosses on 'Chequebook FC' nickname, Premier League timeframe and more
- 4 Hunt for Victoria Hall's killer takes another twist
- 5 Boy, 5, in critical condition after incident at department store
- 6 Boy, 13, pulled from moat at Framlingham Castle
- 7 Superstitious nonsense or serious business? - Change on the way as Ipswich Town play the numbers game
- 8 'From the outside it looks silly' - Chaplin on why he dropped down for Town
- 9 Cardinal Park taped off as man suffers stab wounds
- 10 Man airlifted to hospital from beach given 'vital first aid' by lifeguards
Founded in 1977, BASICS has been a highly respected authority on immediate care for the past 40 years, supporting pre-hospital care across the UK through education, membership services and the operation of voluntary immediate schemes.
BASICS chairman Tony Kemp said: “We are delighted to announce the appointment of new general manager, Gary Scott, and know he will become a true asset to both the team and wider operation of the Charity.
“We have so many exciting changes ahead that will benefit both individual members and other charity stakeholders, and certainly feel Gary is the best man for the job.”
Scott will be joining Kemp and other representatives at the BASICS Annual Conference, to be held in Edinburgh this November.
To find out more about BASICS visit www.basics.org.uk.