Four hurt in junction crash horror
SUFFOLK: Drivers faced a frosty start this morning as temperatures plummeted to their lowest of the winter so far overnight.
THOUSANDS of drivers faced chaos on the roads after a rush-hour smash closed West End Road this morning.
Commuters were caught in long delays after a silver Mazda was in collision with a blue Rover outside the Mazda garage at 7.15am.
Emergency services used hydraulic cutting equipment to free three men from the Mazda who were then taken to Ipswich Hospital.
A 42-year-old man was placed on a spinal board suffering possible neck and spinal injuries.
You may also want to watch:
A woman driving the blue Rover, which had been coming from the Yarmouth Road direction, was released when the roof was cut from her vehicle but was able to walk free of the wreckage.
Severe queues blighted drivers' journeys to work as West End Road was closed while emergency services tackled the incident but was opened again at 9am.
- 1 WATCH: 'Selfish' drug-driver ploughs into police detective's vehicle
- 2 QPR trigger buy-out clause to sign Dozzell for £1m
- 3 First look at £10m Sudbury garden centre revamp
- 4 'I can't carry it' - Shock as plant starts growing eight inches a day
- 5 Mum of 'beautiful' Lily calls for young people to have their hearts tested
- 6 'I'll always have love for Ipswich, but it was time to move on' - Dozzell signs for QPR
- 7 Body of man, 22, found in River Orwell
- 8 Forward Sears completes Colchester return
- 9 Teenage county lines drug dealer handed suspended prison sentence
- 10 A12 reopened after three-car crash
Routes in and out of Ipswich town centre were also gridlocked this morning as traffic lights in Wherstead Road left tailbacks reaching the slip road to the A14 around 8.15am.
Witnesses to the West End Road crash are asked to contact Suffolk Police's Roads Policing Unit on 01473 613500