Four on the run after police stop vehicle
Police are hunting for four people, believed to be men, after their vehicle was stopped on a Suffolk road last night.
All four fled after police stopped a 4x4 vehicle towing a trailer carring four quad bikes on the B1112 road between Icklingham and Mildenhall at about 10.20pm.
Two of the four made off on foot when police pulled them over and unhitched the trailer from the 4x4. The other two got back into their vehicle and also made off from the scene. The vehicle was later found abandoned in Mildenhall Woods nearby.
The police helicopter, which was on exercise nearby, was called in to search for the men but without success.
Last night, a spokesman for Suffolk Police said that subsequent inquiries had revealed that the trailer and the quad bikes had been stolen.
You may also want to watch:
He said further inquiries were continuing and issued an appeal to the public for help.
Anyone who may have seen anything suspicious in the area of the B1112 between 10pm and 10.30pm is asked to contact Suffolk police on 01473-613500.
- 1 Body of man, 22, found in River Orwell
- 2 Aldi targets Felixstowe, Saxmundham and Sudbury for new stores
- 3 'Kind and loving' husband-to-be dies of lymphoma aged 27
- 4 Pub near Stowmarket closes temporarily due to Covid-19 case
- 5 Former Town assistant Taylor back in football
- 6 Wanted man arrested in Stowupland village
- 7 WATCH: 'Selfish' drug-driver ploughs into police detective's vehicle
- 8 Pair arrested for alleged sex assault on young woman
- 9 265 new homes set to be built off A14 at Stowmarket
- 10 Sweltering Suffolk could see hottest day this year ahead of thunderstorms