Fourth arrest in child kidnap probe
A fourth person has been arrested in connection with the kidnap of a three-year-old child in Essex.
An 18-year-old man from Hornchurch was arrested following a police raid on a home in the town.
He was arrested on suspicion of assisting an offender, possession with intent to supply and firearms offences, and is currently in custody.
Two other men have already appeared in court in connection with the case.
Robert Gurling, 45, of Linden Street, Romford, has been remanded in custody until July 9 to appear at Chelmsford Crown Court while Laurence Payne, 40, of Dereham Place, Romford has been remanded in custody to appear at the court on May 27.
You may also want to watch:
A 43–year-old woman from Guildford, Surrey arrested on suspicion of assisting an offender in connection with the investigation has been bailed pending further enquiries until Tuesday June 30.
- 1 ‘Demolition Man’ Cook tells vast majority of Ipswich Town squad to find new clubs
- 2 Mum-of-four with 'beautiful soul' dies after collapsing in the street
- 3 Takeaway contaminated food with raw meat and sold items past use-by date
- 4 Film crews spotted in Ipswich town centre
- 5 Royal visit from Princess Anne marks Suffolk Wildlife Trust 60th anniversary
- 6 Fake parking fines handed out in Stowmarket
- 7 KOA podcast special: Cook tells majority of Town squad they can go
- 8 'Beautiful inside and out': Tragedy as mum dies 48 hours after giving birth
- 9 Tax inspectors probe 240 furlough fraud cases in Norfolk and Suffolk
- 10 Classic car show to return this summer with new venue