Foxhall: A12 brought to standstill in bridge drama
TRAFFIC on the A12 at Foxhall was brought to a standstill yesterday after a man who allegedly had a knife was said to have threatened to jump from the bridge above it.
The incident occurred around 5.40pm.
A man in his 40s was seen with one leg on the bridge and the other over the barrier.
A spokesman for Suffolk Constabulary said it received a report that the man was threatening to harm himself.
Police were despatched to the scene and the carriageway heading towards Woodbridge was closed.
You may also want to watch:
Shortly afterwards the Highways Agency were asked to close the opposite carriageway as well.
Officers managed to talk to the man, before searching and arresting him.
- 1 Suffolk school goes viral after teachers post TikTok dance
- 2 Man in 40s dies following A12 crash
- 3 'People might think I'm crocked now... but I fully back myself' - Norwood determined to make his mark
- 4 'He nearly ruined my club' - Bent on former Ipswich boss Lambert
- 5 Siegrist and Amos leading targets as Town step up hunt for new No.1
- 6 Man dies following stabbing in Bury St Edmunds
- 7 25 of the best cafes for outdoor dining in Suffolk
- 8 Off-duty PC caught speeding on A14
- 9 A12 re-opens after man seriously hurt in two-car crash
- 10 Mum 'shocked' to be given car park fine while breastfeeding child
He was detained on suspicion of possessing an offensive weapon.