Hockey teams cement school’s reputation as ‘one of the country’s best’
- Credit: Archant
A Suffolk school’s hockey teams have done themselves proud in national and regional tournaments.
Framlingham College's under-11s girls have been crowned East of England champions.
while the under-13s girls team finished runners up in the national finals.
Competing in the IAPS National Hockey Finals at Repton in Derbyshire on November 15, the under-13s narrowly lost out in the final to Dean Close School, unfortunately losing their UK champions title from last year.
However the under-11s took the East of England prize in the In2Hockey tournament held in Ipswich on the same day.
You may also want to watch:
The team now travel to Haileybury in Hertfordshire for the national finals next week.
A college spokesman said: "Framlingham College's growing reputation as one of the best hockey playing schools in the country has never been more evident."
- 1 Matchday Recap: Aluko brace not enough as Blues draw at Cambridge
- 2 Covid vaccine boosters now available at walk in sessions
- 3 The places with the highest and lowest levels of Covid in Suffolk
- 4 Have you had the 'worst cold ever' that is going round Suffolk?
- 5 'I'll never shut up shop' - Cook on 2-2 draw at Cambridge United
- 6 New fishmonger shop opens in Suffolk market town
- 7 New details emerge about diesel spill which closed A14 for 12 hours
- 8 Ratings: How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 2-2 Cambridge draw
- 9 MoD warns about late-night Apache training
- 10 Cambridge United 2-2 Ipswich Town: Blues let their lead slip again in draw