Framlingham: Fresh Aspirations Forum gathers pace in advance of its official launch
- Credit: Sarah Lucy brown
Plans to broaden young people’s horizons in east Suffolk by building skills and developing their confidence are gathering pace in advance of the project’s official launch later this month.
Prospective members of the Fresh Aspirations Forum in Framlingham have been learning about the opportunities offered by the project when it holds its first meeting on September 18.
The project, devised by Jenny Stockman, chairman of the Framlingham Business Association, will draw upon the expertise of entrepreneurs to offer the young guidance to achieve their future ambitions.
Already, a number of high school and university students living in the area have expressed their interest in joining.
Jack Doyle, 14, who attends Thomas Mills High School, said it “seems very interesting”. And Bath University student Helen Stanford, 19, said she thought it was a “great idea” and would help her explore her future options.
Mrs Stockman has announced that the launch will now be a joint celebration marking the expansion of Swarm – a Norfolk based apprenticeship scheme, which will begin operations in Suffolk.
“The two fit very nicely together,” she said. “What we are trying to do is open people’s eyes to give young people a real life picture. We want apprenticeships to be so much more than the current offer - that’s why we’re working with real businesses to develop entrepreneurial skills.”
- 1 Village hall treasurer jailed after stealing cash to help his business
- 2 First look inside Ipswich's new Tim Hortons ahead of opening
- 3 Push for 4 day work week in Suffolk after company's profits soar 200%
- 4 When loans go permanent: Town's hits and misses when keeping hired hands full-time
- 5 Two Suffolk beaches named among best in Britain for a winter walk
- 6 'Incredible' Downes tipped 'to play at the very top'
- 7 Road near A14 closed after 'serious' two-vehicle crash
- 8 Meet the man who has documented the entire history of a Suffolk village
- 9 Hazel O'Connor's Sudbury shows cancelled due to 'serious medical incident'
- 10 Star Suffolk breakfast blogger reveals her favourite food around Ipswich
The launch attended by Dan Poulter MP takes place from 4.30pm on September 18 at Framlingham Technology Centre.