Two test positive for coronavirus after getting home from Fred. Olsen cruise
- Credit: Archant
Ipswich-based cruise line Fred. Olsen has revealed that two passengers have tested positive for coronavirus after returning home from a Caribbean cruise on the Braemar.
The company said both guests were aboard Braemar as part of the 'Western Caribbean and Central America' fly-cruise, and left the ship last week. Neither guest presented with any symptoms prior to their travel or whilst they were on board, and did not visit the medical centre.
Fred. Olsen said they were not able to give any further details about the passengers - not even which country they were from or where they were tested.
A statement from the company said: 'The Captain is keeping guests and crew fully informed of all developments, and the ship is operating under its highest level of sanitisation, which includes the suspension of self-service buffets and increased cleaning around the ship.
'There are five people on board who are currently isolated as they have presented at our Medical Centre with influenza-like symptoms.
You may also want to watch:
'As a precaution, we are making arrangements to have these crew members tested for COVID-19 coronavirus when we arrive at the next port of call of Willemstad, Curaçao on Tuesday March 10.
'The safety and well-being of all our guests and crew is our number one priority and we are taking the latest advice from the Foreign and Commonwealth Office and World Health Organisation, as well as Public Health England and CLIA(the Cruise Lines International Association).
- 1 Matchday Recap: Town well beaten as Millwall win feisty friendly
- 2 Air ambulance called as tree falls on partygoers
- 3 Woman, 29, dies in crash with construction digger near A12
- 4 Man jailed after dangerous dogs mauled sheep to death
- 5 Cook will be looking to complete the puzzle as Town host Millwall in dress rehearsal
- 6 How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 3-0 loss to Millwall
- 7 'It could do us the world of good... it brings everyone down to earth with a little bit of a bump' - Cook on Millwall loss
- 8 Ipswich Town 0 Millwall 3: Town are well tamed by Lions
- 9 Jailed in Suffolk: The criminals put behind bars this week
- 10 Biker injured in crash with car in south Suffolk
'We are in contact with UK public health authorities on any required actions and will keep those on board updated with further information as we receive it.'