Free “Antiques Roadshow” style event in Sudbury this morning
- Credit: Archant
Bishop & Miller, one of the region’s leading independent auctioneers is holding a series of free valuation events in the region starting in Sudbury today.
From 10am until 1pn at The Granary in Quay Lane expert valuers will be on hand to assess and value any antiques or collectables that people bring along.
Expert and managing director of Bishop & Miller, Oliver Miller said: “These free events offer anyone the opportunity to bring along their antiques and collectables for a no-obligation valuation and I’ll be there sharing my knowledge of the extensive range of items. I enjoy the challenge of seeing an array of different items, so I welcome anyone who thinks they may have an object of interest.”
Previously at a free regional valuation day, a Dutch box, thought to be nothing but brass by its owner, turned out to be gold and sold later at auction for £51,000 plus commission.
Last year’s valuation events and auctions also saw a fine cased pair of Mortimer percussion pistols which went under the hammer in the October and sold for £15,200 (including buyer’s premium).
You may also want to watch:
Peope are encouraged to bring toys, posters, music memorabilia, jewellery, watches and clock as well as coins and antiques. Anything at all will be valued.
More free valuation events will take place in Stowmarket, Woodbridge, Hadleigh, Framlingham and Haverhill at later dates.
- 1 Retailer to pay £60K after multiple food hygiene breaches in Sudbury store
- 2 Photos of suspected stolen dogs released in bid to find owners
- 3 New survey reveals Suffolk's property hotspots
- 4 'We can look forward to the transfer window' - Cook on summer plans
- 5 Man left with serious burns after fire at Hadleigh petrol station
- 6 Commuter faces full trains on line from East Anglia to London
- 7 George Burley: Ipswich fans' dreams would have been shattered by a European Super League
- 8 Rose-tinted reaction to Duke's death was so out of proportion
- 9 Plans for new KFC and Starbucks refused
- 10 Community thanked for helping seriously burned man at Hadleigh petrol station
The valuation events are taking place across the county in Sudbury, Stowmarket, Woodbridge, Hadleigh, Framingham and Haverhill at a later date.