Free parking in Newmarket for shoppers on Thursdays
- Credit: Archant
Visitors and shoppers to Newmarket will be able to park for free after 1pm on Thursdays in the run up to Christmas to help boost trade in the town.
The first day of the initiative on November 30 was hailed a huge success and it is hoped it will continue thorugh this month at the Forest Heath District Council’s sites.
Graham Philpot, manager of Love Newmarket, the Business Improvement District said: “Newmarket High Street is doing Christmas in style and I am delighted that Forest Heath is continuing its support for local business by providing free car parking.
“We all hope customers enjoy what they find and come back to visit again.”
And councillor David Bowman, Forest Heath Cabinet member for Operations, said: “Working with our Newmarket Vision partners we trialled this offer last year and I’m very pleased that it proved popular and that we can make it a little easier again for shoppers at a busy time of year.”
You may also want to watch:
Charges usually apply between 9am and 4pm (and between 11am and 4pm on Sundays) with a two-hour stay costing 60p.
Visitors can find details of car parks at www.westsuffolk.gov.uk/parking
- 1 Town's Harper move held up by West Brom uncertainty
- 2 A12 underpass closed after car stuck in water
- 3 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Blues 'in £100,000 tug-of-war' for non-league midfielder
- 4 Person with leg injury after 4-vehicle crash on A140
- 5 ‘Exceptional’ country estate with its own airfield hits the market
- 6 Shop opens at Suffolk village pub
- 7 Town announce home friendly with Premier League club
- 8 Traffic at standstill on A12 between Ipswich and Colchester
- 9 Pupils forced to isolate after Covid test result wrongly recorded as positive
- 10 Another former Town player completes Colchester move