Friend pays moving tribute to Gemma
GEMMA Adams' best friend last night paid a poignant tribute to the “angel watching over us”.A note left near to where the 25-year-old was last seen, in London Road, Ipswich, tells of how two school pals were so close people used to call them sisters.
GEMMA Adams' best friend last night paid a poignant tribute to the “angel watching over us”.
A note left near to where the 25-year-old was last seen, in London Road, Ipswich, tells of how two school pals were so close people used to call them sisters.
The letter, which was signed by Laura and left alongside other floral tributes, reads: “I can't believe you're gone Gem - it hurts so much. I never in my worst nightmares thought your life would turn out like this.
“I thought you'd be living such a good life, a life you deserved. How blind was I?
You may also want to watch:
“Not one day went by that I didn't think about you. I'm so sorry you didn't think I'd be there for you Gem, I always thought you knew I would be babe.
“I was lost without you - I still am. I'd have done anything for you but you never asked for anything. It wasn't in your nature and I should have known that. It's too late now - that fact kills me.
- 1 Victoria Hall murder: Suffolk strangler Steve Wright reportedly arrested
- 2 Boy, 5, in critical condition after incident at department store
- 3 'It was as if Covid didn't exist' - Latitude-goers report positive tests
- 4 Chaplin is Cook's 'assassin' who was once taught a tough lesson by the Town boss
- 5 Man arrested on suspicion of murdering Victoria Hall
- 6 Suffolk sprinter opens her 'dream' cafe at age of 25
- 7 Superstitious nonsense or serious business? - Change on the way as Ipswich Town play the numbers game
- 8 Town bosses on 'Chequebook FC' nickname, Premier League timeframe and more
- 9 Boy, 13, pulled from moat at Framlingham Castle
- 10 Town's first game of the season will be all-ticket
“Our friendship meant the world to me - I was so proud you were my best mate and loved you so much. A lot of people didn't get you but I did and it was so good to finally find someone who got me like you did.
“We were so close we used to tell people we were sisters. I will never forget the way we could just look at each other in a certain way and read what the other was thinking.
“I've never had that with anyone else. You will never realise how much you meant to me. The nightmares I have thinking of what you were put through will haunt me for the rest of my life.
“When we drifted apart I felt like I'd lost my right arm. Life has never been the same without you in it. You were the only friend I've ever had or ever will have. When we were together we were so strong, we thought we were invincible. No one could get to us or hurt us as long as we were together. But apart we were so weak.
“To this day I have never laughed as much as I did when I was with you. You will never be forgotten, Gemma, until we meet again in another life. May you rest in peace sister. You're an angel now and I know you will be watching over us all. I love you babe, Laura.”