Friends cheat death in crash drama
Two friends today revealed how they were just feet from death when a car hurtled past them before crashing into two garden walls.
IPSWICH: Two friends today revealed how they were just feet from death when a car hurtled past them before crashing into two garden walls.
Daniel Johnson and Robert Freimuller were walking on the pavement when two cars were in collision in Norwich Road.
The crash sent one vehicle containing a family-of-three hurtling off the road, narrowly missing the former Westbourne Sports College pupils.
The car then careered into two brick pillars and dented a car parked in a driveway before coming to rest facing the opposite way.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Johnson, 20, of Wallace Road, Ipswich, said: “We could have been killed. If we were about two feet ahead we would have been hit for sure.
“I was in total shock. I couldn't comprehend what had happened.”
- 1 WATCH: 'Selfish' drug-driver ploughs into police detective's vehicle
- 2 Body of man, 22, found in River Orwell
- 3 First look at £10m Sudbury garden centre revamp
- 4 Mum of 'beautiful' Lily calls for young people to have their hearts tested
- 5 'I can't carry it' - Shock as plant starts growing eight inches a day
- 6 'I'll always have love for Ipswich, but it was time to move on' - Dozzell signs for QPR
- 7 QPR trigger buy-out clause to sign Dozzell for £1m
- 8 'Kind and loving' husband-to-be dies of lymphoma aged 27
- 9 Former Town assistant Taylor back in football
- 10 265 new homes set to be built off A14 at Stowmarket
The incident occurred at around 11.30pm on Saturday, near the junction with Sherrington Road.
Amazingly, the family - believed to be a middle-aged couple and a son from Stowmarket who had just been to a birthday party - emerged unscathed.
Witnesses said they were travelling into town along Norwich Road when the collision happened. The driver of the other car was also unhurt.
Art student Mr Freimuller, 19, of Broomhill Road, Ipswich, added: “We were oblivious to what was going on. The car then shot across the pavement and through two walls.
“We were really lucky and are still in shock. The family were so lucky as well.”
It is not believed any arrests have been made in connection with the incident.
Are you the family involved in the crash? Call The Evening Star news desk on 01473 324788 or e-mail email@example.com.