Friends of Charlotte Cobbald raise money for the centre which supported her during battle with depression and anorexia
- Credit: Archant
Friends of a 17-year-old girl who died after a long battle with depression and anorexia are determined to raise thousands of pounds for the fund set up in her name.
In August last year Charlotte Cobbald collapsed at her family home in Acton, near Sudbury.
She had spent six months in The St Aubyn Centre in Colchester, receiving specialised medical therapy and support. Friends from Ipswich High School for Girls, where she attended, organised a “sheep dash” last year which raised almost £700.
Charlotte’s parents, Hilde and Stephen, wished to thank them for their hard work and effort in ensuring the event was a success. The friends have now organised a skydive to raise money for the centre.
In a joint statement, her friends said: “Her death was a terrible shock to us all and not a day goes by when she is not in our thoughts.
“We all agreed that we wanted to raise awareness of mental health issues and to support The St Aubyn Centre, which provides intensive care for young people in Charlotte’s situation.
“Charlotte was a great friend in so many ways. She was always full of fun, mischief and up for an adventure. Remembering this, we decided that some of us would take on the challenge of a skydive, and that as a group we would raise money through sponsorship and a variety of events at our schools and local groups.
- 1 85 school children under 4 suspended in Suffolk
- 2 Firefighters tackling fire near popular Suffolk hotel and spa
- 3 'Ipswich will be my club for the rest of my days' - Chambers on Town return
- 4 Two arrests as man suffers serious injuries in pub brawl in seaside village
- 5 Popular family-run butchers announces closure
- 6 'Incredible' firefighters spend nearly 12 hours tackling forest blaze
- 7 Sir Cliff Richard sends best wishes to Summer Holiday cast
- 8 North Stander: The early signs are very positive for Town
- 9 Range Rover stolen from home in east Suffolk
- 10 Thousands head to Helmingham car show
“After much planning we have set the date for April 25, and with the help of North Essex Partnership Trust we have set up a donations page.”
To donate go to https://mydonate.bt.com/events/staubyncentre