Full candidate lists published for Suffolk and north Essex Local Elections 2015
The district and borough councils within Suffolk have today published the list of candidates standing in the local elections on May 7.
While some seats are uncontested, meaning the sole candidate is automatically elected, others are being fought by upto five candidates.
In Suffolk, all of the seats at Suffolk Coastal, Waveney, Forest Heath, Babergh and Mid Suffolk District Councils, as well as St Edmundsbury Borough Council, are up for grabs at this election.
However, Ipswich Borough Council operate a system where a third of councillors will be elected this time around.
In north Essex, both Braintree and Tendring District Councils are hosting full elections, but only a third of the seats in Colchester are being contested. The elections will run alongside the General Election, although many areas will not count the results until the following day, once the national results have been revealed.
You may also want to watch:
To see the full list of candidates in each ward, click on the name below
Forest Heath District Council Babergh District Council Ipswich Borough Council Mid Suffolk District Council St Edmundsbury Borough Council Suffolk Coastal District Council Waveney District Council Braintree District Council Colchester Borough Council Tendring District Council
- 1 Police confirm body found in River Orwell was of a 17-year-old boy
- 2 Body found in the River Orwell
- 3 Could any released Bristol City players reunite with Ashton at Ipswich?
- 4 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Blues 'eye' Sheffield Wednesday midfielder
- 5 Exit Interview: Nydam showed 'heart, desire and hunger' but was never able to take the next step
- 6 Town looking into Portman Road safe standing area ahead of new season
- 7 Wrong way A12 driver flees scene after causing crash
- 8 Man in 30s airlifted to hospital following serious fall
- 9 Reduce your dementia risk with 7 lifestyle changes
- 10 Woman who posed as food bank staff steals Easter eggs from Morrisons