Ice rink arrives in Felixstowe – free skating for all ages
- Credit: Archant
Felixstowe town centre will again play host to an ice rink this Christmas – with the attraction set to open on Wednesday.
The rink opens at Great Eastern Square, Hamilton Road, at 11am, offering public skating free of charge between 11am to 7pm until Saturday. Skates of all size are provided and there is no need to book.
The event is organised by Felixstowe Town Council with support from the East of England Co-op.
Mayor of Felixstowe, Nick Barber said: “It is another great event for Felixstowe. Many thanks to The East of England Co-op for their continued support and I am sure it will be very popular.”
Andrew Dawes, head of specialist retail at the Co-op, said: “We’re very pleased to have once again been able to offer our support and are looking forward to welcoming the ice rink back to Great Eastern Square. It’s a great activity for all the family, growing in popularity over the years. I’m sure this winter will be no exception.”
You may also want to watch:
The opening day also includes music from the Salvation Army Band from 10.45am, Felixstowe Harmonies 11.30am and the Pop Chorus from 12.30pm, who will be singing their recently released a charity single in aid of St Elizabeth Hospice.
- 1 Air ambulance called as tree falls on partygoers
- 2 Victoria Hall murder: Suffolk strangler Steve Wright reportedly arrested
- 3 Hunt for Victoria Hall's killer takes another twist
- 4 'From the outside it looks silly' - Chaplin on why he dropped down for Town
- 5 'It was as if Covid didn't exist' - Latitude-goers report positive tests
- 6 Cardinal Park taped off as man suffers stab wounds
- 7 Man jailed after dangerous dogs mauled sheep to death
- 8 Town Transfer Talk: Ten in, but how many more are on the way?
- 9 Woodbridge 'cheese wedge' site goes back up for sale
- 10 Evans returns to Town side for Millwall clash