Fun on the hill in Wickham Market today as it hosts its first summer street party to celebrate success of its monthly market
Children’s activities, stalls and live music are among the attractions on offer.
From 9.30am-4.30pm, there will be street food, pony and trap rides and a pop-up tea room as well as a number of craft and charity stalls.
At 1pm, children’s story time and balloon modelling will start, as well as face painting throughout the day, a raffle at 3pm and live music from a local saxophonist and the Broadside Boys.
Regular market traders, including those selling fresh fish, fruit, vegetables, pies and olives, will be there, plus some new traders.
The event, to be held on The Hill, will have free admission and parking.
You may also want to watch:
The event is to mark the success of the village’s monthly market, three years after it was relaunched by The Wickham Market Town Team.
Town Team member Jacquie Errington, said: “The idea of having the market was to bring people in from outside Wickham. We want people to see that Wickham is a very attractive village-come-town.”
- 1 Ipswich Town reveal full retained list as six first-teamers get extended stays and eight depart
- 2 Town take up contract options on duo with plenty of departures still expected
- 3 Chambers and Skuse set to be headline exits on day of departures at Ipswich Town
- 4 Suffolk estate which featured on TV show on the market for £1.25m
- 5 Mark Heath: The Town players Cook should keep and release today
- 6 Town confirm four more exits at end of season
- 7 Chambers and Skuse to leave Ipswich Town
- 8 Man in 20s dies in collision between lorry and pedestrian on A14
- 9 New cocktail bar and tapas restaurant to open in Ipswich
- 10 Search for man after girl, 10, accosted at B&M store in Stowmarket