Fund donations still pouring in
GENEROUS organisations and individuals are continuing to donate cash to a memorial fund to remember four friends.
The Four Friends Memorial Fund has now raised �5598.70 for a permanent memorial to brothers Thomas and Daniel Hazelton and their workmates Peter Johnson and Adam Taylor.
The four men, from Stanton and Rickinghall, died while working at Claxton Engineering Services Limited at Great Yarmouth on January 21.
The fund, launched by the East Anglian Daily Times in liaison with the men’s families, is continuing to receive support.
Latest donations include a cheque for �361.84 from West Suffolk College’s Faculty of Arts and Technology.
You may also want to watch:
Gale Wade, spokeswoman for the college, said staff had carried out various activities to raise the cash.
Russell Cook, west Suffolk editor of the East Anglian Daily Times, said: “To get to this figure has been a fantastic achievement and credit to all those involved in raising money and organising events for the fund.
- 1 Suffolk school goes viral after teachers post TikTok dance
- 2 'He nearly ruined my club' - Bent on former Ipswich boss Lambert
- 3 A12 re-opens after man seriously hurt in two-car crash
- 4 Man in 40s dies following A12 crash
- 5 Community in shock after stabbing on Suffolk estate
- 6 Hawkins leaves Town after just one season as striker makes League Two move
- 7 Town's former Director of Football reunited with McCarthy at Cardiff
- 8 Young footballer locked up for 12 years after 'vicious' machete attack
- 9 'People might think I'm crocked now... but I fully back myself' - Norwood determined to make his mark
- 10 Off-duty PC caught speeding on A14
“I know I speak for everybody when I say it would be wonderful to hit the �10,000 mark and we will be doing all we can to help get to that target.
“The generosity shown so far has been overwhelming and it just goes to show how much these four men were so admired by so many people.”
Money for the fund is still being raised by the Cock Inn pub in Stanton and a number of fundraising events are due to take place, including a sportman’s dinner.
The Stanton Football Club Memorial Sportsman’s Dinner featuring former Premier League footballer Paul Merson is taking place on May 7 at Stanton Village Hall.
•If you would like to support the fund please send cheques payable to Archant Regional Ltd (write Four Friends Memorial Fund on reverse of cheque), to Four Friends Memorial Fund, c/o the editor, 30 Lower Brook Street, Ipswich, Suffolk, IP4 1AN.