Further works planned for A12 between A120 at Ardleigh and Copdock interchange
- Credit: Lucy Taylor
Motorists on the A12 face more disruption in the coming months as Highways England revealed further roadworks are scheduled.
Routine structure testing, including maintenance checks on bridges and barriers, is due to take place soon on the road between the A120 junction at Ardleigh and the Copdock Interchange with the A14.
A notice of planned overnight closures in both directions had been posted on the Highways England website, suggesting the entire stretch of road would be closed overnight for five weeks.
However an agency spokesman said the details had been put online in error.
She added that although some routine work was being planned in the area, specific details including the dates or locations had not yet been finalised.
You may also want to watch:
Any work would come after resurfacing and maintenance work on the A12 between East Bergholt and the Copdock Interchange overran.
- 1 ‘Demolition Man’ Cook tells vast majority of Ipswich Town squad to find new clubs
- 2 Mum-of-four with 'beautiful soul' dies after collapsing in the street
- 3 Takeaway contaminated food with raw meat and sold items past use-by date
- 4 Film crews spotted in Ipswich town centre
- 5 Royal visit from Princess Anne marks Suffolk Wildlife Trust 60th anniversary
- 6 Couple transform historic building near coast into new bed and breakfast
- 7 Ipswich U18s fall to second-half Liverpool goals - how the FA Youth Cup semi-final unfolded....
- 8 Steam locomotive back in Suffolk for anniversary trips
- 9 'Beautiful inside and out': Tragedy as mum dies 48 hours after giving birth
- 10 'Larger-than-life' Ipswich drama teacher Gloria Henshall dies