Road to be closed for six weeks for water and electricity works
- Credit: Gregg Brown
A main road is to be shut for six weeks so that vital water and electricity works can be completed.
Anglian Water is set to start to works on Monday, July 23 in Gainsborough Road, Sudbury to replace a section of the mains pipe to reduce the number of bursts.
An Anglian Water spokesman said: “To ensure that the work can be completed as quickly as possible, we are working alongside colleagues at UK Power Networks who are also investing in their electricity network by removing overhead lines on the same road and installing underground cables.?
“The two companies have taken this decision to work closely together to reduce disruption and minimise the impact for customers in the area.
“Working simultaneously will ensure that only one road closure is needed to complete two sets of works.
“We are sorry for any inconvenience these works may cause and we will do our best to minimise disruption wherever possible.
“We would also like to thank our customers for their patience and co-operation whilst these essential works are completed.”?
- 1 A14 reopens near Ipswich after four-vehicle crash
- 2 Police cordon off Felixstowe town centre car park after incident
- 3 Body of man found in Saxmundham
- 4 Company fined nearly £4k for further food hygiene breaches
- 5 Three suspected cases of Omicron at Bury St Edmunds schools
- 6 Suffolk bin collection changes this Christmas: All you need to know
- 7 'I apologise for the misunderstanding' - Nsiala issues statement
- 8 Five players that could help change Town's fortunes at Wigan
- 9 Watch: Stowupland Falcons football pitches damaged by driver
- 10 Ex-Celtic boss Lennon linked with Town job
Diversion routes and signage are in place to direct traffic in the area.
Those with issues or queries relating to the work can call Anglian Water 03457 145 145 or UK Power Networks 0800 029 4285.
Alternatively visit www.anglianwater.co.uk/inyourarea.