Gallery: All the colours of the rainbow top off Ladies’ Day
IT is one of the dazzling dates in the social calendar. Hot pinks, bright oranges and a splash of blue shone in the sunshine as the ladies stole the show at this year’s Newmarket Race festival.
A kaleidoscope of colour bathed the course as the day’s racing got under way yesterday.
And top of the agenda for the thousands of women showing off their beautiful outfits were the famous feature of Ladies’ Day – an array of head pieces.
Weird, wacky and oversized hats ensured fashion was at the forefront of the day’s racing.
There were plumes of feathers, big bows, and floral fascinators.
You may also want to watch:
Under the hot summer sun the county’s ladies sipped Champagne as they willed their horses to cross the line in pole position.
And to make the day a bit more interesting as part of the Champagne Lanson July Festival, organisers offered prizes to the best-dressed race-goers of the day. Top prize this year was a fantastic �500 gift pack from the Grand Arcade in Cambridge, including a stunning pendant and a hat of choice from John Lewis.
- 1 Man dies following stabbing in Bury St Edmunds
- 2 Suffolk school goes viral after teachers post TikTok dance
- 3 League One side showing strong interest in Ipswich youngster Lankester
- 4 Six senior players - including Downes - will start pre-season with Under-23s
- 5 Head chef frustrated after 13 'no shows'
- 6 Man in 40s rescued from beneath the Orwell Bridge
- 7 'He nearly ruined my club' - Bent on former Ipswich boss Lambert
- 8 Woman who pocketed cash for memorial bench avoids prison
- 9 When Eagles Dare documentary reveals how close Ian Holloway came to being named Ipswich Town manager
- 10 Man 'let down' by GPs after undiagnosed pneumonia death, mother claims
Runners-up won fashion vouchers and a dinner for four at one of the course restaurants.
The 10 finalists all won a goody bag.