Gallery: Beachgoers flock to Southwold to enjoy some September sun - but will it last?
JUST as the school summer holidays are drawing to a close, the sun has decided to come out at long last.
Suffolk enjoyed some fine, warm weather yesterday and experts are expecting it to continue into the weekend.
With just a day or two to go before pupils return to the classroom, many families made a last-minute dash to the coast and as these pictures from Southwold show, there was certainly no shortage of sunshine.
Forecasters said temperatures ranged between 21C and 23C yesterday - slightly over 70F.
Steve Western, from regional experts Weatherquest, said the conditions were caused by an area of high pressure.
You may also want to watch:
He said temperatures were slightly warmer than average for this time of year but warned of a cloudier day today with some drizzle - although the outlook for the rest of the week and into the weekend was looking positive.
“The high pressure returns for some more dry, fine and fairly sunny weather,” he continued. “We may get some misty starts but that is pretty typical.”
- 1 Bishop on his 'brutal, almost disrespectful' Ipswich exit, not fitting into Cook's system and why he's 'absolutely loving' life at Lincoln
- 2 ‘Inadequate’ private hospital closes after patients ‘put at prolonged risk of harm’
- 3 7 of Suffolk's prettiest streets
- 4 Town face 'red tape' wait over Celina
- 5 A14 blocked after three vehicle crash
- 6 Hits, misses, an 'unseen' suspension, a few goals and two still without clubs - how the departed Ipswich players are faring ahead of Bishop reunion
- 7 Cook on whether he's missing the influence of Richardson
- 8 Your favourite pub, restaurant, café and hotel in Suffolk revealed
- 9 Ed Sheeran hints at new tour dates and reveals favourite Suffolk beer
- 10 Ed Sheeran announces three Wembley dates as part of = world tour