Gallery: Benhall St Mark Primary School provides place where angels don’t fear to tread
- Credit: Archant
A new primary school play area has proved so popular with pupils that a rota has been put in place to ensure everyone gets their fair turn.
The new tyre park at Benhall St Mary Primary School, near Saxmundham, was only completed last week, but already, headteacher Chris Gallagher says it has become the star attraction.
“The pupils love it and they want to play on it all the time,” he said.
“We’ve had to put a new rota in place for the different year groups because they all want to go on it at the same time.”
“They’re really great for testing their balance.”
You may also want to watch:
The project has also seen rubber matting laid under the existing play equipment, which includes monkey bars and a climbing frame, to improve safety for the pupils, particularly in wet conditions.
Funding for the £10,000 project, has come through the National Lottery’s Awards For All scheme.
- 1 Ipswich Town lead the chase to sign Luton skipper Sonny Bradley
- 2 Luke Chambers: 'To be brutally honest, I didn't think I would be leaving the club this summer'
- 3 First look at golf club's multi-million pound coastal homes development
- 4 ‘Unique’ farm in coveted river setting hits market for first time in 60 years
- 5 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts
- 6 Passenger falls off motorbike on A134
- 7 'Mass of smoke' billows from roof in house fire
- 8 New rickshaw taxi service starts in town
- 9 Caravans pitched at Portman Road car park
- 10 Farm to use renovated rail carriages as holiday lets