Gallery: Book weeks brings fiction alive in Mendlesham
YOUNGSTERS at a village primary school looked to their favourite literary characters for inspiration as part of a week of book-related activities.
Pupils at Mendlesham Primary School dressed up as pirates, princesses and Harry Potter for the special event on Friday.
Claire Jones, the headteacher, said the school had been having activities all week and had invited parents, grandparents and other family members in to work with the children.
She said: “It has been very interesting because sometimes the children like books that perhaps we wouldn’t always know about.
“The main one though is Harry Potter and for the girls it tends to be anything they can dress up as fairies or princesses. We also had the Famous Five and lots of pirates too.”
You may also want to watch:
Mrs Jones who, like the rest of the staff, had also donned fancy dress for the day, added: “It has been a fantastic day and they have really enjoyed seeing all the grown-ups dressed up as well, trying to guess who we are – I was Mrs Wobble the Waitress.”
- 1 Six senior players - including Downes - will start pre-season with Under-23s
- 2 Town show Jacobs interest but injury holds up potential deal
- 3 'We're working tirelessly... I'm hopeful of new signings fairly shortly' - Town CEO Ashton on transfers
- 4 Ipswich Town's 2021/22 League One fixtures revealed as Blues start at home
- 5 Man arrested after more than 80 vehicles checked on day of action
- 6 New beginnings, old faces and a return home - what to look for on 'fixtures day'
- 7 Tattoo studio owner fined after refusing to close in lockdown
- 8 A&E under pressure as patient levels return to pre-pandemic levels
- 9 Ipswich to face army of familiar faces as Town draw U's in EFL Trophy
- 10 Sam Smith spotted in Suffolk - and could be recording a new album