Gallery: Crafty youngsters carve out fearful Hallowe’en fun
YOUNGSTERS visiting a Suffolk nursery got into the Hallowe’en spirit and created some creepy carvings.
Swann’s Nursery in Bromeswell, near Woodbridge, hosted some spooky half-term entertainment yesterday.
Children were invited to carve a selection of silhouettes into pumpkins.The frighteningly fun activity continues today at the nursery in Eyke Road, where Steph from Rendlesham craft company Sticky Steph’s will be lending an expert hand.
Swann’s Nursery partner Caroline Peecock said the pumpkin carving sessions gave youngsters something fun to do while mums and dads make their way round the nursery. She added: “The children are given stencils of bats, monsters, spiders, and other Halloween shapes to mark out and carve into the pumpkins.”
The Halloween-themed fun takes place from 10.30am and 3pm today at the nursery, which also houses the Ruddy Duck cafe.
You may also want to watch:
We’d love to see how you’re choosing to celebrate Hallowe’en. Send your photos via our user led site www.suffolk.iwitness24.co.uk and we’ll publish our favourites.
- 1 Postman who abandoned 'undriveable' van wins unfair dismissal claim
- 2 Dozzell set for QPR, as Championship clubs show interest in Downes
- 3 GP surgery in 'special measures' after patients and staff raise concerns
- 4 Busy high street taped off by police
- 5 Man in 20s dies after fall from pub
- 6 Inside quirky off-grid houseboat with stunning river views - yours for £500k
- 7 Caravans pitch up at Felixstowe park
- 9 Woman suffers life-threatening injuries after fall from building
- 10 My frustration at how rude drawings balls up our beaches