Gallery: Crafty youngsters carve out fearful Hallowe’en fun
YOUNGSTERS visiting a Suffolk nursery got into the Hallowe’en spirit and created some creepy carvings.
Swann’s Nursery in Bromeswell, near Woodbridge, hosted some spooky half-term entertainment yesterday.
Children were invited to carve a selection of silhouettes into pumpkins.The frighteningly fun activity continues today at the nursery in Eyke Road, where Steph from Rendlesham craft company Sticky Steph’s will be lending an expert hand.
Swann’s Nursery partner Caroline Peecock said the pumpkin carving sessions gave youngsters something fun to do while mums and dads make their way round the nursery. She added: “The children are given stencils of bats, monsters, spiders, and other Halloween shapes to mark out and carve into the pumpkins.”
The Halloween-themed fun takes place from 10.30am and 3pm today at the nursery, which also houses the Ruddy Duck cafe.
We’d love to see how you’re choosing to celebrate Hallowe’en. Send your photos via our user led site www.suffolk.iwitness24.co.uk and we’ll publish our favourites.
- 1 New cafe toasts successful first week
- 2 Thatch roof of cottage 'fully alight' in village near Needham Market
- 3 Patrols 'throughout the night' following dispersal order in Suffolk town
- 4 Young driver crashes car just a week after passing
- 5 New state-of-the-art army attack helicopters undergo testing in Suffolk
- 6 Harper and El Mizouni made available for loan
- 7 Police warning after Suffolk driver speeds at 126mph
- 8 Bakinson's the 'mini Pogba' who has been a big hit on loan before and will now look to prove the doubters wrong
- 9 'Versatile, hungry, athletic and technical' - McKenna on new signing Bakinson
- 10 'Dream come true': Excitement as new salon opens in Woodbridge