Gallery: Deben Yacht Club in Woodbridge celebrates its 175th anniversary with regatta
- Credit: Archant
One of the oldest sailing clubs in Suffolk has celebrated its 175th anniversary.
The Deben Yacht Club in Woodbridge invited the community to watch an afternoon of dinghy and yacht races at its recent regatta.
Experienced members were on hand throughout to keep an eye on all competitors.
The club was founded in celebration of Queen Victoria’s coronation in 1838.
Honorary secretary, Michael Madden, said: “It was wonderful to see such a significant day in club history enjoyed by so many members of all ages.
“We were blessed with good sailing conditions, including some challenging winds as well as some delightful, more relaxed, spells.”
The regatta was followed by an evening party attended by about 150 people.
- 1 Man with foot fetish jailed for sexually assaulting women
- 2 Nine Ipswich players who could follow Nsiala out the door this month
- 3 Van driver in his 20s dies in Elmswell crash
- 4 Road near A14 closed after 'serious' two-vehicle crash
- 5 'Versatile, hungry, athletic and technical' - McKenna on new signing Bakinson
- 6 See inside £1.25m bungalow for sale in one of Suffolk's 'poshest' villages
- 7 'I'm not bothered... he can go' - Pearson on Town target Bakinson
- 8 Town working on loan deal for Bristol City midfielder
- 9 Flood alert issued for parts of Suffolk coastline
- 10 Village hall treasurer jailed after stealing cash to help his business