Gallery: Dedicated followers of fashion and local style
- Credit: Archant
Glitz and glam, catwalks and red carpet, a week of Oscars and London Fashion with barrages of flashbulbs and a media frenzy targeting celebs and famed designers.
Hollywood and the British Fashion Council shows are all over the newspapers and on our screens but locally we all go quietly about promoting what is good in Suffolk and our own celebrity visitors.
You get the feeling that public perception of press photographers is snap happy, motor driven paparazzi that just point and shoot.
In fact the photo-journalist is the most versatile, adaptable and all-embracing professional that encompasses a huge variety of skills.
From events, incidents and documentary scenarios to sport and magazine style assignments such as food, interiors and fashion there has to be the capability to support every photographic request. The East Anglian Daily Times daily and the Suffolk Magazine are testament to the skills of the Archant photographer’s artistic qualities.
You may also want to watch:
So away from the spotlight a few of my fashion and design images that have been published over the years.
A polka dot model in the Abbey gardens and I provided some bubbles to make the picture more interesting, while a totally different style of image was conjured up for a wedding shoot with a difference at Horringer.
- 1 Man in 20s dies in collision between lorry and pedestrian on A14
- 2 Suffolk estate which featured on TV show on the market for £1.25m
- 3 Ipswich Town transfer rumours: Blues linked with goalkeeper and coaching move for former loanee
- 4 Car on its side in middle of roundabout after crash outside Haverhill Tesco
- 5 Van's roof torn off as it gets stuck under Suffolk bridge
- 6 'Next season we'll have a right go' - Roberts on Fleetwood win and Chambers' future
- 7 Matchday Recap: Lightning start for Town secures Fleetwood win
- 8 Biker breaks collarbone in swerve to avoid car on wrong side of road
- 9 'Masterpiece' modernist home with panoramic sea views for sale for £850,000
- 10 Joy as council reverses ban on motorhomes in car parks
The West Suffolk College Festival of Hair and Beauty has for as long as I can remember made striking and unusual fashion and design picture opportunities.
On to Ladies’ Day at Newmarket Races where there are always hats and posh frocks on display and if you look hard enough there is likely to be a well-known face in the crowd willing to pose.
Some are just so natural and exude style and character, loving the camera, like the delightful Tara Fitzgerald at Duxford. Finally braving my on location demands at Pin Mill the charming local presenter Becky Jago …. Just don’t lean back!
As Coco Chanel once said “Fashion changes, but style endures”