Gallery: Diabetes sufferer sheds 9 stone - dropping from a size 32 to a ‘perfect 10’ - as she seeks healthier lifestyle
- Credit: Sonya Duncan
Sarah Alexander once tipped the scales at nearly 20 stone but a radical transformation of her eating and exercise regime has seen her shed nearly half her body weight.
The 37-year-old, from Diss, would regularly get out of breat, suffered infections and was diagnosed with type 2 diabetes - leaving her fearing for her future.
Then 15 months ago she joined the Diss Slimming World group and has stuck religiously to a healthy eating plan, whilst adopting a strenuous exercise regime and now Miss Alexander weighs 10st 5lbs. She has binned her size 32 clothes and now wears a tiny size 10.
Her slimming success has seen a reversion of her diabetes symptoms and she now tackles 10k runs, including the Race for Life, and swims regularly.
Miss Alexander, who runs her own sales company and had tried lots of diet before, said: “It was absolutely terrifying to be told I had diabetes.
“It made me have a chat with myself and said I want to give myself extra years of life.”
“I was terrified, and ashamed of the size that I had got to, but was desperate for help.
- 1 Matchday Recap: How Town's cup defeat to Colchester played out
- 2 Firefighters tackling fire near popular Suffolk hotel and spa
- 3 Town closing in on deal for experienced defender Keogh
- 4 Smoke seen across Ipswich as crews tackle large fire
- 5 Police attending 'incident' near town centre
- 6 'Childhood dream' as opening date nears for Suffolk coastal restaurant
- 7 Buy the bread everyone’s raving about at new Suffolk cafe
- 8 Popular family-run butchers announces closure
- 9 'Quite different to traditional gyms' Suffolk gym with a difference opens
- 10 Farmer 'heartbroken' as land sees fourth fire in 10 days
“Going to the Slimming World group and getting support from friends and family by confronting my fears has helped me to take on the weight loss.”
Jane Aldous, Miss Alexander’s Slimming World consultant said: “Sarah is an absolute superstar. She is an inspiration to other members, new and existing, and everyone is bowled over by Sarah’s journey.”
Every day in the UK 400 people are diagnosed with diabetes,
To join the Diss Slimming World or to find out more information, ring Jane Aldous on 01379 650671 or 07747788062