Gallery: Drivers face heavy rain as weather batters Suffolk
HORRENDOUS conditions were faced by drivers across the region today as heavy rain and gales continued for a second day.
Motorists on the A14 and A12 were faced by poor visibility and driving rain, with visibility badly reduced.
By 8am no accidents were reported – although some drivers were stuck at the sides of roads after dampness got in to their engines.
In Ipswich there was some localised flooding but traffic was flowing freely, if slowly.
Drivers heading west on the A14 experienced slow moving traffic between junctions 52 and 53 due to a large pot hole in the road at Claydon while a traffic light failure at the Heath Road roundabout in Ipswich created some congestion.
You may also want to watch:
Traffic has also been slow around the copdock interchange of the A12.
But all main line rail services are reported to be running on time.
- 1 'We're working tirelessly... I'm hopeful of new signings fairly shortly' - Town CEO Ashton on transfers
- 2 Married Matt Hancock accused of affair after he is pictured kissing aide
- 3 Ipswich home transformed on BBC's Homes Under the Hammer
- 4 Ipswich Town's 2021/22 League One fixtures revealed as Blues start at home
- 5 Sam Smith spotted in Suffolk - and could be recording a new album
- 6 Six senior players - including Downes - will start pre-season with Under-23s
- 7 Man arrested after more than 80 vehicles checked on day of action
- 8 Police unlock county lines drug dealer's phone with first guess at password
- 9 Town considering move for Birmingham striker Cosgrove
- 10 Country inn acquired from Jamie Oliver's parents reopens following facelift
The ongoing downpour is set to continue for most of the day and temperatures are expected to reach no higher than seven degrees Celsius.
For more weather details, or a specific forecast, speak to a WeatherQuest forecaster on 09065 777675. Calls cost �1.50 per minute.