Gallery: Duo behind the Fleabag and Monkeyface cartoon attend Leiston Primary School’s reading week event
- Credit: Lucy Taylor
The talented team of illustrators behind a popular series of children’s books attended an east Suffolk primary school yesterday as part of a series of events celebrating reading.
Duncan McCoshan and Jem Packer, otherwise known as Knife and Packer – the duo behind the Fleabag and Monkeyface cartoon – took part in Leiston Primary School’s Book Week, marking the launch of its revamped library.
Literacy co-ordinator at the school, Marie Jinks, said the pupils “absolutely loved” devising characters for their own stories under the guidance of the popular writers.
“Reading is one of our major aims at the school – we are really pushing to get children enjoying books and upping their skills,” she said.
The pupils were also led on a musical journey by Peter the Storyteller, who visited the school on Monday.
And on Friday they will be rounding off Book Week with a pirate-themed storytelling and fancy dress session.
- 1 Thatch roof of cottage 'fully alight' in village near Needham Market
- 2 World War Two-themed holiday accommodation plans at former airfield
- 3 New cafe toasts successful first week
- 4 Police called to anti-vaccine demonstration at Suffolk pharmacy
- 5 Harper and El Mizouni made available for loan
- 6 'Two suspicious individuals' spotted on primary school roof
- 7 Long delays on A12 after overturned tractor trailer
- 8 Patrols 'throughout the night' following dispersal order in Suffolk town
- 9 McKenna hoping Portman Road routine changes can help 'find an edge'
- 10 Ex Town striker Wickham links back up with Manning at MK Dons