Gallery: Family fun at the Brightlingsea boat show and regatta
Thousands of seafaring folk flocked to Brightlingsea for the town’s annual boat show.
Brightlingsea Boat Show took place over the weekend in and around the town boatyard with plenty of family fun by the water.
It also coincided with the Brightlingsea Town Regatta which stretched from the shipyard to Batemans Tower Cafe, making a mile of attractions.
As well as races and action on the water, local clubs, organisations and businesses from across East Anglia were represented.
Attractions included power boats, sail boats, dinghies and inflatables as well as water sports, live music and a maritime street fair.
You may also want to watch:
As part of Brightlingsea Town Regatta, activities for families included a duck race, learning to sail, a continental market and displays from artists, craftspeople and historians.
Ric Morgan, one of the organisers, said: “A great time was had by all.
- 1 'Beautiful inside and out': Tragedy as mum dies 48 hours after giving birth
- 2 Ipswich Town reveal full retained list as six first-teamers get extended stays and eight depart
- 3 Town confirm four more exits at end of season
- 4 Armed police box in cars on A12 after men seen 'fighting with swords'
- 5 Town take up contract options on duo with plenty of departures still expected
- 6 Search for man after girl, 10, accosted at B&M store in Stowmarket
- 7 Exit Interview: Farewell to Ipswich Town's most iconic player of the last decade
- 8 'The honour of my life' - Chambers' message to Town fans after departure confirmed
- 9 Suffolk estate which featured on TV show on the market for £1.25m
- 10 Town remain in talks with Edwards over new deal
“It was an opportunity to show off Brightlingsea.”