Gallery: Family fun at the Brightlingsea boat show and regatta
Thousands of seafaring folk flocked to Brightlingsea for the town’s annual boat show.
Brightlingsea Boat Show took place over the weekend in and around the town boatyard with plenty of family fun by the water.
It also coincided with the Brightlingsea Town Regatta which stretched from the shipyard to Batemans Tower Cafe, making a mile of attractions.
As well as races and action on the water, local clubs, organisations and businesses from across East Anglia were represented.
Attractions included power boats, sail boats, dinghies and inflatables as well as water sports, live music and a maritime street fair.
As part of Brightlingsea Town Regatta, activities for families included a duck race, learning to sail, a continental market and displays from artists, craftspeople and historians.
Ric Morgan, one of the organisers, said: “A great time was had by all.
- 1 A14 westbound closed after car catches fire
- 2 Car seized as driver tries to avoid parking fees at Stansted Airport
- 3 Council has 'no plans' to alter verge cutting schedule in Suffolk
- 4 'There are still areas we want to improve' - McKenna on transfer plans
- 5 'Eyesore' Suffolk seafront hotel for sale for £2million
- 6 Town in negotiations with Aberdeen over Hladky sale
- 7 Mapped: Where parasite dangerous to dogs has been reported in Suffolk
- 8 Plans for 5 'very large homes' in Suffolk village turned down
- 9 Ipswich Town appoint new Academy Manager
- 10 Stuart Taylor sacked by Hamilton
“It was an opportunity to show off Brightlingsea.”