Gallery: Framlingham Country Show proves a roaring success
- Credit: Andrew Partridge
RABBIT shows, donkey rides, archery lessons and many other family-fun activities and craft stands proved a hit at the weekend.
The organisers of this year’s Framlingham Country Show and Suffolk Food, Drink and Music Festival celebrated a successful two-day event as families flocked to the weekend extravaganza that included geese herding, sheep racing and shearing, ferret racing and gun dog demonstrations.
Also on offer were helicopter rides over Framlingham Castle and those with an eye for targets tested their skills at the air rifle range.
This year’s Suffolk Food and Drink Festival has supported a range of producers from across the county as well as a pick of the best from across the UK.
Cookery demonstrations were also held throughout the day by locally-renowned chefs and producers – from butchery to bread making.
Families were also entertained by 15 live bands playing throughout the day, which was the third Framlingham Country Show to be staged.
People turned up in their hundreds to enjoy the atmosphere and sunshine.
- 1 Car seized as driver tries to avoid parking fees at Stansted Airport
- 2 Matchday Live: Needham Market v Ipswich Town team news and updates
- 3 Suffolk second home owners could face Airbnb ban under crackdown
- 4 Needham Market 0 Ipswich Town 7: Chaplin nets hat-trick
- 5 Road closed as emergency services attend two-vehicle crash
- 6 McKenna: Pre-season results are not important
- 7 Rogue trader in white van visits homes in west Suffolk
- 8 Town haven't taken option to sign Bakinson
- 9 Where you can see the Battle of Britain memorial flypast today
- 10 Things we might learn from Ipswich Town's pre-season games
Other foods on offer for people who turned up included sausages, rapeseed oil, cakes and a selection of breads.