Gallery: Fundraisers saddle up for cycle ride
WEIRD and wacky was the order of the day as a group of imaginative fundraisers saddled up for a fancy dress bike ride.
Costumes included everything from a crocodile and Toy Story’s Woody the Cowboy to the A-Team and a bridal party.
The 45 fundraisers were sent on their way by Daniel Poulter, Conservative MP for Central Suffolk and North Ipswich.
The 13-and-a-half mile route took them from the Thorndon Black Horse through villages including Mendlesham and Bacton, finishing up at the Finningham White Horse.
The group were pedalling in aid of The Prostate Cancer Charity.
You may also want to watch:
It was the fifth year the event has been run - having previously raised money for Help for Heroes, the Alzheimers Society and the East of England Air Ambulance.
It was organised by Adam Steed, Dan Swanson, James Allen and Mark Leggett.
- 1 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Blues 'in £100,000 tug-of-war' for non-league midfielder
- 2 Shop opens at Suffolk village pub
- 3 Traffic at standstill on A12 between Ipswich and Colchester
- 4 'We're keeping about 10% of the roster' - Johnson on Ipswich squad overhaul
- 5 Get ready for League One's 'Arizona Derby' as Lincoln follow Town with Phoenix investment
- 6 Flooding off the A14 causes emergency road closure in Ipswich
- 7 Person with leg injury after 4-vehicle crash on A140
- 8 Why these Suffolk villages were named among 'most beautiful to visit'
- 9 Pupils forced to isolate after Covid test result wrongly recorded as positive
- 10 Town announce home friendly with Premier League club
Mr Steed, 27, who dressed up as a blushing bride, said: “It was a superb day. Everyone had a lot of fun.
“We were really chuffed with the support we received – both with the number of riders and with the people who came out of their homes along the route to donate their money.
“We hope to have raised around �1,000 for The Prostate Cancer Charity. It is such an important cause and we just wanted to do our bit.”