Gallery: Happy Stour Valley always a picture treasure trove for fun photos
- Credit: Archant
Glorious spring has arrived, and with warm sunshine the world feels a better place, writes photographer Andy Abbott.
I have uncovered some more black and white imagery taken when I was based in the Sudbury area in the late 1970s and 1980s.
Timeless, fun pictures taken during daily assignments when I would travel around with my Nikon FM2 camera and a list of jobs, out and about enjoying the countryside and, like this week, often lovely weather.
When out and about in a life before mobile phones I would always be on the lookout for picture opportunities such as the fundraising retriever at Brent Eleigh that would remind people to donate when they visited.
Tudor times at Kentwell Hall has been on the diary almost as long as I have been working and the Eatanswill Club and Pickwick Society would always come up with great picture ideas and were up for anything.
You may also want to watch:
So, from Miss Cornard Community Centre, to the young Hadleigh cycle champion, to a fun dental experience that I am struggling to remember where it was taken, the Stour Valley always produced photographic ideas.
When I returned to the darkroom and received the five o’clock call from my picture editor I was always able to produce a long list of where I had been and what gems he could expect when the courier arrived in Ipswich with the prints for consideration for the next day’s newspaper.
- 1 Man in 20s dies in collision between lorry and pedestrian on A14
- 2 Suffolk estate which featured on TV show on the market for £1.25m
- 3 Ipswich Town transfer rumours: Blues linked with goalkeeper and coaching move for former loanee
- 4 Van's roof torn off as it gets stuck under Suffolk bridge
- 5 Car on its side in middle of roundabout after crash outside Haverhill Tesco
- 6 The end of an era as Suffolk's last Debenhams store closes
- 7 Joy as council reverses ban on motorhomes in car parks
- 8 Tories retain Suffolk County Council control - but Greens make huge gains
- 9 'Masterpiece' modernist home with panoramic sea views for sale for £850,000
- 10 Matchday Recap: Lightning start for Town secures Fleetwood win