Gallery: Huge blaze hits Suffolk town
TEN fire crews were today fighting a major blaze in the middle of Eye.
MORE than 60 firefighters from ten stations across the region today fought a major blaze in the middle of a Suffolk town.
Fire broke out at the house in Church Street, Eye, shortly before 3am.
One person was taken by ambulance to West Suffolk hospital, in Bury St Edmunds, suffering the effects of smoke inhalation.
The road was closed in both directions between the B1117 Castle Street junction and the Wellington Road junction due to the instability of the building.
You may also want to watch:
An investigation into the cause of the fire is due to take place today.
- 1 Ipswich Town reveal full retained list as six first-teamers get extended stays and eight depart
- 2 'Beautiful inside and out': Tragedy as mum dies 48 hours after giving birth
- 3 Town take up contract options on duo with plenty of departures still expected
- 4 Town confirm four more exits at end of season
- 5 Armed police box in cars on A12 after men seen 'fighting with swords'
- 6 Search for man after girl, 10, accosted at B&M store in Stowmarket
- 7 Chambers and Skuse to leave Ipswich Town
- 8 Suffolk estate which featured on TV show on the market for £1.25m
- 9 Mark Heath: The Town players Cook should keep and release today
- 10 CCTV issued after thieves steal almost £900 in toys and food from B&M