Gallery: Hundreds of cyclists get on their bikes for St Elizabeth Hospice Suffolk Coast Bike Ride
- Credit: Archant
On yer bike Suffolk!
More than 1,500 cyclists saddled up for the Suffolk Coast Bike Ride starting and finishing at Glemham Hall near Woodbridge yesterday.
And all that pedal power raised a whopping £15,000 for St Elizabeth Hospice.
About 1,600 cyclists turned out for the fundraiser which saw participants cycle either a 35-mile or 60-mile route.
Emily Sullivan, St Elizabeth Hospice’s events fundraiser, said: “It was a fantastic turnout of cyclists, and it was a beautiful day for the event, making the Suffolk countryside look even more stunning as the participants cycled through it.
You may also want to watch:
“While we haven’t had confirmation of the total sponsorship pledged, we hope to raise around £15,000.
“This would be an incredible amount to raise from this event and I would like to thank all the cyclists, those who sponsored them and all our volunteers who helped make this event such a success
- 1 Ipswich Town lead the chase to sign Luton skipper Sonny Bradley
- 2 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts
- 3 Luke Chambers: 'To be brutally honest, I didn't think I would be leaving the club this summer'
- 4 ‘Unique’ farm in coveted river setting hits market for first time in 60 years
- 5 First look at golf club's multi-million pound coastal homes development
- 6 New rickshaw taxi service starts in town
- 7 Passenger falls off motorbike on A134
- 8 'Mass of smoke' billows from roof in house fire
- 9 Farm to use renovated rail carriages as holiday lets
- 10 Kesgrave shooting: Trial set to start as boy, 16, denies attempted murder
“The money will help us continue to improve life for people living with a progressive illness in East Suffolk and South Norfolk.”
St Elizabeth Hospice costs £9.1million a year to run and it relies on fundraising events such as the Suffolk Coast Bike Ride as well as donations and the income generated from its shops to meet the majority of its costs.