Gallery: Hundreds take part in Woodbridge 10k road race
- Credit: Archant
Hundreds of runners swept through an historic riverside town to compete in a popular road race.
More than 700 runners gathered today to take part in the Woodbridge 10k as cheering spectators lined the streets.
The winner was Aaron Scott, who set a new course record for the third time, crossing the finish line in an impressive 31:19. Josh Entwistle was second in 32:53, and Matthew Spencer third in 33:28. Framlingham’s Geraldine Clarke was first female home in 41:55.
Race director Chris Skrimshire, of the Woodbridge Shufflers, said more than 600 runners competed in the 10k race while around 160 juniors battled it out in the 1,500m race.
“The day went very well and as usual we had a great turnout,” Mr Skrimshire added.
You may also want to watch:
“When applications were opened in March we were ‘sold out’ after 24 hours. Lots of people wanted to race which just shows how popular this event is.
“But it was great to see so many people come out and support the runners and the event. It is a great community event and I thank all the sponsors who helped us put it on.”
- 1 Ed Sheeran to be Ipswich Town shirt sponsor for 2021/22
- 2 Driver convicted of killing friend in A12 crash
- 3 Teaching assistant wins unfair dismissal claim
- 4 Woodbridge nurse plans Caribbean retirement after National Lottery win
- 5 Election 2021: Suffolk County Council candidates published
- 6 First views of £1.5m new seafront cafe as hoardings removed
- 7 'It could have been a lot worse' - Thatched home owner thanks crews after fire
- 8 Woman in hospital after fire at Ipswich house
- 9 'This bloke is the new sponsor of Ipswich Town' - Ed Sheeran posts throwback picture after shirt announcement
- 10 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered