Gallery: Iconic images of Colchester
- Credit: Archant
FULL of Roman and Saxon influence, Colchester is the oldest recorded town in the UK and, as you would expect, is steeped in history.
The most iconic landmark is the much-photographed castle, but at every turn there is another indicator of the town’s rich heritage.
In the town centre, there are windy lanes that are a constant reminder of its past.
Surrounding the town are areas of natural beauty, from nature reserves and country parks to the Abberton Reservoir.
See our gallery, top right, for a selection of some of Colchester’s best known scenes.
You may also want to watch:
Send us your images of Colchester via suffolk.iwitness24.co.uk
- 1 How Suffolk voted in the county council elections 2021
- 2 Tories retain Suffolk County Council control - but Greens make huge gains
- 3 When Ipswich boss Cook will inform players of his contract decisions
- 4 Poorly rated Chick King takeaway goes into liquidation
- 5 Police identify elderly man after incident involving young girl in village
- 6 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
- 7 Election 2021: Ipswich Borough Council results
- 8 Why Cook has given Norwood Ipswich Town's captain's armband
- 9 Coach Gill leaves Town with Cook wanting to bring in 'fresh faces'
- 10 Driver convicted of killing friend in A12 crash