Gallery: Mandy passes £1,000 barrier a month into year of charity challenges
- Credit: Archant
A month into Mandy Hearle’s 365-day charity challenge and she has already jumped into an ice-cold river, dyed her hair pink and posed as a shop window mannequin.
The Woodbridge fundraiser launched Mission Possible 2014 in the EADT on New Year’s Day by throwing herself into the Deben for the first of 365 dares – many pink-themed – to raise money for Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF or Doctors Without Borders), and in memory of teenager Poppy Harvey, who died in June 2010 when she suffered a fatal allergic reaction to food.
Mandy has been helped along the way by businesses like Fat Face – where she became a “Mandykin” for the day – and the team at John Olivers – who used Poppy’s favourite colour as the inspiration for her new hairdo.
Among the challenges planned for February is the 365 Pink Pecks Challenge, to be gathered through the town on Valentines Day.
Mandy said the scariest challenge so far was giving a talk on ethics to a philosophy group.
You may also want to watch:
“The greatest joy is the fun and laughter that has been spread as well as the sum of over £1,000 raised already,” she added.
- 1 How Suffolk voted in the county council elections 2021
- 2 When Ipswich boss Cook will inform players of his contract decisions
- 3 Police identify elderly man after incident involving young girl in village
- 4 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
- 5 Driver convicted of killing friend in A12 crash
- 6 First views of £1.5m new seafront cafe as hoardings removed
- 7 Coach Gill leaves Town with Cook wanting to bring in 'fresh faces'
- 8 Cook on Chambers, Skuse and whether Fleetwood clash could be their final Town game
- 9 Suffolk elections 2021: When to expect results
- 10 Election 2021: Ipswich Borough Council results